WIN a 55-inch 4K Smart TV!
WIN a 55-inch 4K Smart TV!
Play our Bracket Challenge and you could win!
2017 March Bracket Challenge – Full (64 Team) Bracket Contest Rules
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Carolinas, LLC, d/b/a WPAW-FM, WSMW-FM, WQMG-FM, WJMH-FM (“Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 7819 National Service Road Suite 401 Greensboro, North Carolina during regular business hours and on the Station’s website at 931wolfcountry.com/rules, 987simon.com/rules, wqmg.com/rules, 102jamz.com/rules. To the extent that the Station’s general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this contest.
How to Enter and How to Win
1. No purchase is necessary to enter or participate in the Carolinas 2017 March Bracket Challenge – Full (64 Team) Bracket Contest (“Contest”).
2. The entry/registration process will require you to either log into an existing account, or create a free account with the game administrator, UPICKEM. You may either elect the option to have your Facebook profile pre-load applicable portions of the entry form (Facebook account is not required to enter this contest), or complete the online entry/registration form by submitting the Entrant’s full name, address of legal residence, phone number (including area code), age, username (subject to acceptance by contest software to eliminate duplicate usernames), password, e-mail address, and other information requested (some of which may be optional). Limit one (1) UPICKEM account per email address. Limit one (1) entry per UPICKEM account.
3. There will be six (6) separate rounds in this Contest, each based upon the rounds of the NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament, as follows (each a “Round”):
a. Round 1: Thirty-two (32) games March 16 – 17, 2017
b. Round 2: Sixteen (16) games March 18 – 19, 2017
c. Round 3: Eight (8) games March 23 – 24, 2017
d. Round 4: Four (4) games March 25 – 26, 2017
e. Round 5: Two (2) games on April 1, 2017
f. Round 6: One (1) game on April 3, 2017
Note: the "First Four" play-in games, March 14 – 15, 2017 are NOT part of this Contest
4. To enter/register for this Contest from approximately 5:00 p.m. March 12, 2017 (although entry may open a few hours earlier that day) through fifteen (15) minutes before the start of the first (1st) game Round 1 of the tournament on March 16, 2017:
a. Go to the contest page on the Station website, 931wolfcountry.com/bracket, 987simon.com/bracket, wqmg.com/bracket, 102jamz.com/bracket;
b. Click on the Contest link;
c. Complete and submit the online entry/registration form with your contact information (name, address, phone number and email address),and confirmation that you are over 18 years of age; and
d. Select the team that you predict will win each game of each Round of the Men's College Basketball Tournament, and enter the score you predict for the designated tie-breaker game (Reminder: you will not be required to pick the winners of the "First Four" play-in games, March 14 – 15, 2017).
i. This contest requires that you determine and select the team that you think will win each game, in ALL six (6) Rounds of the tournament, up to and until fifteen (15) minutes prior to the start of the first (1st) game in Round 1 of the tournament on March 16, 2017. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE ANY ADDITIONAL PICKS OR CHANGE ANY OF YOUR PICKS AFTER THIS POINT.
ii. Each of the six (6) Rounds of the Contest is worth up to sixty-four (64) points, for a total of up to three hundred eighty-four (384) points, awarded as follows:
1. You will receive two (2) points for each Round 1 game you pick correctly;
2. You will receive four (4) points for each Round 2 game you pick correctly;
3. You will receive eight (8) points for each Round 3 game you pick correctly;
4. You will receive sixteen (16) points for each Round 4 game you pick correctly;
5. You will receive thirty-two (32) points for each Round 5 game you pick correctly; and
6. You will receive sixty-four (64) points for picking the winner of the Round 6 game.
iii. If a game is canceled, forfeited, or indefinitely suspended for any reason, that game shall not count for any participant and scores will be computed as if the game did not exist.
iv. If you fail to select a winner for any listed game in any particular Round, you will receive zero (0) points for that game.
v. Any player attempting to make game selections close to the deadline of fifteen (15) minutes prior to the start of the first (1st) game of Round 1 of the Contest on March 16, 2017, risks the chance of not getting in his/her changes on time. Station is not responsible for late entries, server congestion, faulty Internet connections, etc. which may cause the changes to your picks to not be made.
5. After April 3, 2017, the entrant who has the most overall total points for all Rounds combined will be the grand prize winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules (each a “Grand Prize Winner”).
6. In the event that two or more entrants are tied for the most overall total points, the Grand Prize Winner will be determined, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules, as follows:
a. First Tie-Breaker – The entrant with the LOWEST “Score Approximation” will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner. The “Score Approximation” for each tied entrant is based upon the score each such tied entrant entered for the designated tie-breaker game, and is calculated as follows:
i. Subtract the score that the entrant chose for the winning team in the designated tie-breaker game from the winning team’s actual score in the designated tie-breaker game, and square this value.
ii. Subtract the score that the entrant chose for the losing team in the designated tie-breaker game from the losing team’s actual score in the designated tie-breaker game, and square this value.
iii. Add the value from 1 and 2 above together to get such entrant’s "Score Approximation".
b. Second Tie-Breaker – If there is still a tie after determining the “Score Approximation” for each tied entrants, then the ties will be broken based on the following criteria, and in the following order:
i. The most points earned in Round 5.
ii. The most points earned in Round 4.
iii. The most points earned in Round 3.
iv. The most points earned in Round 2.
v. The most points earned in Round 1.
c. Third Tie-Breaker – If there is still a tie, the winner will be randomly selected from among all remaining tied entrants.
7. Being in a private group has no impact on winning in this contest. It is simply for entertainment purposes. The winner within any private group is not entitled to any prizes in this contest, unless they win in accordance with these contest rules from among all of the Station entrants.
8. The one (1) verified Grand Prize Winner will receive LG 55 inch Smart 4k Ultra HD TV (model 55UF6800), valued at $899.00.
Odds of Winning
9. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative college hoops knowledge of all entrants.
10. This contest is sponsored by Entercom Carolinas, LLC and Parks Chevrolet and Jersey Mike's Subs.
Other Rules Specific to this Contest
12. For entertainment purposes only, one or more Station employees may talk about their picks and/or how they are doing in this contest. Such employees may appear on the Stats pages as entrants in this contest and/or winners or leaders in this contest. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will any Station employee be an eligible participant in this contest and shall not be entitled to win any prizes in this contest. In the event that a Station employee is selected by the UPICKEM software as a winner, he/she shall be deemed ineligible and Station will manually award the entrant with the highest score (as set forth above) to be a winner in this contest.
13. Employees of UPICKEM and its affiliates, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible to win in this Contest. A
14. This contest is in no way connected with, affiliated with or endorsed by Facebook or the NCAA, or any of its affiliated teams, players, or players union. All references to any basketball name or term is purely nominative and not intended to imply any connection, affiliation, or endorsement. This contest is not affiliated with or endorsed by the NCAA or any NCAA basketball team nor Facebook.
15. This game may not be used in connection with any form of gambling. This game is strictly for entertainment purposes only and in connection with the contest described above.